Monday, August 9, 2010

AFICIANADOZ

Exactly an year ago from now, on the same day of august 2009, Me, Niharika, Rahul, Shiva, Ashish and karthik were occupying the auditorium seats of S.P.Engg college-Mumbai, keeping our fingers crossed and biting our nails ….on the day of results.
It was finally announced that the Team Aficianadoz is out of the much cherished BAJA race. But we still had a chance as we could qualify to “Virtual baja” event. But the team lost hope on further advancements.

In 2009, me and my few seniors participated in  BAJA SAE ASIA competition. It is a platform which provides student members with a challenging project of designing, engineering, fabricating and marketing of an automobile.


This competition promotes Indian students to have an international exposure.
Our team was efficient and smart but we lost control over the design. We sincerely attempted to design a four wheel drive all terrain vehicle on PROE, but due to lack of guidance and certain apprehensions, we ended up with a design report which was full of flaws.
The whole team was upset with the result and, I personally have considered it to be one my big-time failures as I was carrying the guilt, for the fact that I’ve not contributed enough to my team.
But after a year long evaluation, I am not able to consider it as a failure anymore.
Now, I so completely agree with this statement which said, “BAJA is a 4 letter word that creates a magic in lives of those who experience it”


Although it seems to be a high profile student competition, it is a phenomenon that gives a meaning & direction to many directionless souls, kindles a passion for engineering. I fell in love with my academics after BaJA happened to me. I started respecting my stream, in a higher gear!

My  BAJA SAE ASIA 2009 experience taught me quite a few things …
A sincere attempt at innovation itself is a victory
Communication inside the team and collective work with every individual’s involvement can only deliver success!
I no longer blame any one for the idea of 4 wheel drive as I myself couldn’t make any impact in the team’s upliftement. I was doing nothing more than following my seniors footsteps (Now I am following my jr.s !! :P)
Thanx to BAJA for giving me such an amazing group of friends for my life time and Captain Varun (The Rabbi), who is so beautifully accomplishing his role, as my dearest mentor-friend (He used to top my enemy list back in those days ! LOL)


2 comments: