Monday, August 4, 2014

resurrection of love affair

“Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.”
 Terry Pratchett

After 3 long years, I am back to my love affair..writing.
Gave it a break just to find out how my thoughts emerge and evolve in this long time span. 
I scribbled the first post on this blog when I was 17 and while reading it today, I couldn't stop smiling with embarrassment !

After graduating in Mechanical Engineering, I was picked by a Japanese firm to work with some machines.... punching machine, laser machine, bending machine, fabricating machine, tools....spare....design softwares....sheet metal products and manufacturing..... this was my life for over an year.

I loved making engineering designs and never hated my job but only started to feel myself as one amongst the many machines on the shop floor. The day when I became aware that I was missing a connect with biological life forms and human emotions, I started to feel like an Autobot of transformers comic.

It was the time I had to leave to pursue my passion for science and environment with the support of my own engineering background. Environmental engineering was my calling and a specialization in energy was the opening.
Experiencing life far away from home was my requirement and living in a country with out knowing the local language was an interesting challenge, that later became my choice !

Spain, France, Sweden and Switzerland became my homes away from home in the last 2 years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment